Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Introduction...

I am Robin Cua. I am a doll and action figure collector for two and-a-half years now.

I acquire dolls primarily on the uniqueness of their faces. The more realistic they look, the better. I collect dolls mainly because I love taking their photos. I am an amateur photographer with no formal training and am still saving up for a DSLR camera, that is, if I can control myself from purchasing more and more dolls. ;-)

But it hasn't always been that way. There was a time when I bought dolls just to hoard them. Only to realize later on that I do not really like or need what I purchased.

I must admit that I am an impulsive buyer and toys are my priority when the need to spend attacks. ;-)

Collecting dolls is a continuous learning experience for me. I have wasted a considerable amount of money on dolls I really didn't like yet also enjoyed significant bargains on most of the items in my collection.

Having learned all that, I would like to share with you a few of my recently purchased dolls online that are arriving very soon.


Barbie Collector online purchases by my partner as gifts for our
2nd Anniversary as a couple:


The Scarlet Macaw Barbie® Doll ©2008
Gold Label™

Barbie® as Athena ©2010
Gold Label™ 
 
Anemone Barbie® by Christian Louboutin ©2010
Gold Label™




And here are my personal eBay international purchases already in transit:

Nude Jude Deveraux The Raider - Barbie® doll ©2003
Limited Edition



Nude Ethereal Princess™ Barbie® Doll ©2006
Pink Label™ Collection


Nude Princess of Ireland™ Barbie® ©2002
Collector Edition
Dolls of the World® -
The Princess Collection


Nude Barbie® Doll 2007 ©2007
Special Occasion Edition
Wal-Mart Exclusive



My local eBay purchases for pick up in the next two weeks:

Barbie® Doll as Marilyn Monroe™ ©2009
Pink Label™
The Blonde Ambition™ Collection


Barbra Streisand Doll ©2010
Pink Label™ Collection
Celebrity Dolls


AA Starlight Dance™ Barbie® ©1996
Collector Edition

Classique® Collection


Givenchy Barbie® ©2000
Limited Edition

Designer Dolls

And also my Barbie Collector online purchases arriving very soon:


AA Generations Of Dreams™ Barbie® Doll ©2009
Special Occasion Edition
Designed by Robert Best


AA 2009 Holiday™ Barbie® Doll ©2009
Special Occasion Edition
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Barbie® doll


I know I'm expecting a lot of dolls to arrive soon. It's because they all came at bargain prices that are impossible to resist. Guess I still haven't overcome my impulsive buying instincts. I'm sure I'd be overwhelmed when they all arrive at the same month. x-D

That's all for now. Till my next post. Ciao! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am a seller on Ebay I will puting out a new doll every month check me out on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/usr/mstefan-2013

    ReplyDelete